Fixed a separated casing

John simplymail at ururk.com
Sat Apr 3 16:14:11 PST 2004

I'm pretty sure I posed this question to the list a while back, but
here goes...

Looking at the bottom of a Ti PB G4, where the battery fits in, you
have a plastic ring that acts like a grommet for the battery. This
plastic ring is actually a large plastic rectangle that goes around the
perimeter of the bottom metal casing.

Well, it started to separate from the bottom casing a few weeks back

Solution:

I purchased some 5 minute epoxy that would handle plastics and metal
(although I think the ring is actually some sort of composite), mixed
it up, epoxey'd the surfaces together, and bingo - a 5.00 repair for an
expensive part.

Posting this as my machine is 3+ years old, and figure there have to be
others here who have had this problem, as I baby my PB.

John