TiBk 1gig power loss

Jim Reamer jna1322 at mac.com
Thu Apr 8 20:03:02 PDT 2004

Hey,
    My TiBk (1gig, 512 mem, OS 10.3.3) is giving me fits. It runs fine
while plugged in. When I close it up and reopen it, it will often cut
out and I have to restart. By "cut out" I mean the screen remains black
and totally unresponsive. The little light near the center of the hinge
remains on, but nothing will coax the thing to show life. Sometimes I
can push the power button quickly and it will light up and ask if I
really want to shut down. Sometimes it won't.
    But this is the lessor of my problems. The big problem begins when I
unplug it. The menu bar tells me the battery is at 98% or 100% power,
so I unplug and try to use it. After just a few minutes the computer
shuts down suddenly and without warning. When I restart the menu bar
says 0% power and so does the battery monitor light (on the battery
itself). This started out as an intermitent problem a while ago, maybe
a month or so ago. Now it's automatic. I've tried zapping the pram and
resetting the power management button under the keyboard. I've also
upgraded to 10.3.3 from 10.2.8. Nothing has helped. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim