Trade-in Speedy - "Classic" Question?

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 09:27:02 PDT 2004

Hello.
Well, the upgrade went well - had a new 1Ghz powerbook
in five days (including the weekend.)  I like the
machine a lot and OS 10.3.2 is very nice (though, I've
much to learn)! By recent posts, I see some of you
don't think I made a good choice.  Am I still welcome
on the list?  Anyway...

I had backed up the old PB G4 500Mhz which was running
OS9.1.  I tried to run FCP from the backup, it asked
which system folder I wanted to use, I chose the old
one (on my LaCie) but it wouldn't let me, so I
selected the new one on the PB.  Still wouldn't run -
as I suspected.  Can I just swap the extensions folder
from the old one to the new one to make this work?  Is
there anything else I should swap?

Thanks. Dave