[Ti] hot power adaptor (square white ones) for TiBook

Arjan Bos arjan.bos at hetnet.nl
Mon Apr 12 21:46:10 PDT 2004

On 9 apr 2004, at 19:27, Justin R. Miller wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2004, at 12:34 PM, Stephen Eglen wrote:
>
> Out of curiousity, who has had one of these boxes fail in this manner?
>  Please reply (and with how many)... I'm curious.

  I have a 667MHz infrared for 25 months now and I'm  still on my first,
white box, power supply. It is getting warm, but not so much that it
might inflame things.

It might also depend on the voltage going into the power supply. Here
in Europe, we have the power grid on 230V. I believe you US-people are
on 110V. This means that for the power supply to deliver the same power
(measured in number of watts) it has to cope with a double amount of
juice (measured in Ampere) going through it. More juice going through
it means more heat being generated.

---
It was funny how people were people everywhere you went, even if the
people concerned weren't the people the people who made up the phrase
"people are people everywhere" had traditionally thought of as people.
And even if you weren't virtuous, as you had been brought up to
understand the term, you did like to see virtue in other people,
provided it didn't cost you anything.

-- (Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant)