Good Deals on new/refurb Als?

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Wed Apr 14 19:14:21 PDT 2004

Unfortunately my mother's 867mhz Ti (which she purchased off this list!)
that's been working well for her just ran in to some troubles-- she was
flying, using her Ti, and the screen just cracked (very very strange),
developing a big black blob, and within 3 days, the entire screen was shot.
She sent it back to Apple, who insist that LCD cracking can only come from
undue force-- so they won't replace it (well, they will, for $1,260).  So
she's decided to retire it into life as a home server, and buy a new 'book,
either a 15" or 17" Al.  The best deals I've been able to find are refurbs
from Small Dog:
PowerBook 15.2 in G4/1GHz 256/60/Combo/BT Aluminum - $1699
PowerBook 17 inch G4/1GHz 512/60/SuperDrive/Airport - $2199

Does anyone know of any better deals?

--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook