Which printer recommended ?

Wilhelm Wanders kaskudoo at freenet.de
Fri Apr 16 10:27:43 PDT 2004

Hi =)

I am about to get a printer. I already chose one out .... a Canon
Multifuntional Printer .....
It had nice features, like:
- separate Ink Catridges + economic printing (cost-effective)
- stand-alone picture print from media (as memory stick)
- stand-alone fax
- slot loading for copying paper (so you can copy a stack of papers)
...i think also stand-alone ....
- network-enabled (ethernet)
Well, I don't want to advertise for Canon, but this printer is on the
first position when it comes to multifunctional printer in home or
small business.
The only problem is, that there are NO DRIVERS for Macintosh at all -
and if Canon has some, then for OS 9 ...
Can you believe it ? .... I was pretty upset .... anyways, did anyone
of you guys find a decent printer with similar capabilities that works
for you ?
It shouldn't be able to print pictures, because i think it is way to
expensive to print photos yourself - it should have color though ....
it doesn't have to be able to fax, because the mac does that now
standard ....
it doesn't have to have the multimedia card reader, but it would be a
nice gadget ....
it should be able to scan & copy, because my old flatbed scanner is old
and slow ... and its a pain to attach it to the mac a.s.o.

well, any idea is appreciated - i also will look around again and see
what i can find ...... after all, selection is big (but apparently not
big enough=)

william