what has happened to my Address Book??

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sat Apr 17 01:31:34 PDT 2004

15.2" Al-book/OS 10.3.3

My Address Book 3.1.1 (v 301) no longer functions.

For an unknown reason, my Address Book has stopped working.

It is there in the Dock.
I can launch it, but all the Menu items are grey.
Nothing is displayed, nothing works.

It has been like this for at least 10 days.

I have re-installed the 10.3.3 Combo update, repaired the
permissions, restarted, ran Cocktail, etc etc.
Now I have deleted the PLIST files:	com.apple.AddressBook.plist
				AddressBookMe.plist
No change/

I do not use the Address Book very much, but I do use it to send SMS
via my Nokia 6319i using Bluetooth, and I no longer have that
possibility, whilst the Address Book is not working.

I thought that the Address Book was relatively simple, so what has
happened to it ?
Is there any way to reinstall it ?  I could not find this as an
option on the original Install CDs.

Has anyone ever seen this strange behaviour ?

regards,  Trevor