[Ti]

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Mon Apr 19 02:03:03 PDT 2004

On 18 Apr 2004, at 21:01, Dejan Sinadinovic wrote:

> Why I am getting strange calculated spaces between words in Word:Mac
> under OS X? It’s annoying because I can’t see if I hit duble/space,
> no/space or it was just the optical illusion. I’ve changed the fonts,
> size…. Do you know what I’m talking about? Please advice.
>
> Regards from Belgrade
> Dejan

There is  tool in the formatting ruler to turn on a mode so you can see
all the spaces and carriage returns (etc) in your doc. It's towards the
right hand side and has a funny symbol that looks like a bold backwards
"P".

Using that you will see exactly what's going on, but most likely Word
is calculating space distances based on the font, the justification
etc. etc. This is normal behaviour for  a WYSIWYG word processor I
think.

--
Tarik