Powerbook thieving

Wilson Ng wilsonng at mail.com
Mon Apr 19 20:04:59 PDT 2004

I travel to Asia a bit. If I yell "stop" in English in a country where I
don't really know the language, some of the airport workers will scratch
their heads, look around in a daze and then understand that I'm pointing at
someone grabbing my laptop.

In Asian airports, they tend to be pretty busy and full of people. Heck,
sometimes the airport workers are dirty and work in collusion with the
thieves. Some airports don't work like clock work like most U.S. Airports.

That's why you can never be to careful when you're at an unfamiliar airport
where English is not the normal language. Yes, English is a pretty universal
language but sometimes the locals will feign incomprehension or just don't
give a hoot about tourists like me.

My two pennies.

On 4/20/04 12:51 PM, the Defendant "PowerBook G4 Titanium List"
<Titanium at lists.themacintoshguy.com> said:

> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:48:00 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Ti] Powerbook thieving
> From: Shawn King <shawn at yourmaclife.com>
>
> On 4/19/04 7:14 PM, "Wilson Ng" <wilsonng at mail.com> wrote:
>
>> When you are in line to get your hand carry x-rayed, wait until the person
>> in front of you finishes their x-ray before placing your powerbook on the
>> conveyor belt. Oftentimes thieves will be in front of you
>
> Whoa, whoa, whoa.....
>
> "Oftentimes"? That kind of theft, while it happens, is rare. No need to
> cause panic or scare people.
>
>> and will
>> intentionally delay you while your powerbook is finished x-raying and
>> someone tries to grab it while you struggle to try to catch the thief.
>
> And security knows about this and will most likely stop *everyone* the
> second you yell, "Stop! Thief!"
> --
> Shawn King
> Your Mac Life
> http://www.yourmaclife.com

:-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET