hot power adaptor Plus other repair woes

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 20 09:47:54 PDT 2004

I'd recommend checking to be *sure* you didn't buy AppleCare; their
database is nowhere near foolproof.  At the AASP I work for, we get a
machine that is denied warranty coverage probably a couple times a
month (a fairly small percentage, but not something that we are
unaccustomed to).  There are a wide variety of mix-ups; computers that
are under 1 year old that the reseller didn't register for the 1-year
warranty after it was sold, AppleCare plans where the registration card
was never sent in (assuming it was one that was not handled by the
reseller automatically), AppleCare plans where the reseller forgot to
send in the registration, computers where the registration was sent but
it just didn't make it into Apple's database, whatever.  We just take
the original receipt for the machine, the AppleCare receipt (if
applicable), and fax 'em in to Apple; they're good about correcting
their mistakes (and other peoples').