[Ti] faster int. hd question

Ted Johansson ted.johansson at pobox.com
Wed Apr 21 11:58:58 PDT 2004

I come from the LInux portable world (switched in November to an iBook
and ordered Monday a new 12" Pbook and switch to this list). When you
use a journaled filesystem with Linux, the disk which hosts the system
will flush buffers and the journal with regular time intervals, so in
practice it never powers down (it can be altered, but it is tricky). I
guess this is similar in OSX.

/Ted