[Ti] New Ti Powerbook

Ritz, Daniel daniel.ritz at transcore.com
Wed Apr 21 14:28:21 PDT 2004

As my Ti has to behave as a desktop, due to the previously discussed faulty display, I am considering a new laptop.  the new models have produced enough drooling that I may go for it.

Those of you with Al, and especially those of you with both a Ti and Al - Is the case improved enough to reduce the risk of damage to the PB?

Considering my history with the Ti, I have reservations about getting another PB.  For that reason I am considering the iBook instead.  It appears 'safer' and stronger. The literature highlights the stronger chassis and plastic shell as affording good protection on the iBook. I also want to gain a superdrive.  So my choice is a 12" SD PB, or a 14" SD iBook.  The flat panel screen I got for the old Ti has a DVI jack so if the 12" is too small for a project I can use the external monitor.  A third idea is to get the least costly iBook 12" and for burning power add an eMac in the near future.  (I think I mentioned this to Y'all already).  Even that iBook will blow away my 2nd gen Ti 550 and the total cost for two computers (which is good for family peace) is not too much more that 1 Superdrive PB.Subject: Re: [Ti] New Ti Powerbook