[Ti] New Ti Powerbook

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Wed Apr 21 17:53:08 PDT 2004

On Apr 21, 2004, at 3:04 PM, Dave Cedrone wrote:

> Why did they switch to Aluminum? Was it because of the reported
> Airport problems with titanium or something additional?

As I understand it, the Airport problems were related mostly to the
antennae being in the base as opposed to the top of the display as they
are now.

As far as titanium is concerned, my guess is that aluminum, while still
striking and durable, is cheaper than titanium.  Note that the weight
has gone up, though.  I'm guessing that titanium originally was almost
a novelty factor and now that metal laptops are kind of accepted,
something more practical was chosen as a material.

--
Justin R. Miller
incanus at codesorcery.net
PGP key at http://codesorcery.net/pubkey.html