faster int. hd question

Robin Belford rbelford at highway1.com.au
Thu Apr 22 16:28:12 PDT 2004

It is not so much the mountings getting loose, but on some hard
surfaces the whole powerbook will hum noticeably.
If I put my hand on it the noise/hum will go away.
I assume the elstomeric properties of the "rubber" grommets that hold
the drive in place are not up to the task of damping the natural
frequencies of the 7,200 rpm drive, whereas they work fine for 4,200
and 5,400 rpm drives.
I'm pondering what additional or altered damping I could put in, but so
far have done nothing.

I can live with the noise but ymmv.

robin