[Ti] 100gb Drives Announced!

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Apr 23 14:09:23 PDT 2004

At 10:33 -0400 23/4/04, Steve Wozniak wrote:
>To tell you the truth, I'm down to 10 GB free. An extra 20 GB would
>be a 300% increase for me.

Steve - of course, at the margin, the attractiveness of an increment
becomes more significant, and in the limit, as disk space decreases
towards zero, even a floppy can provide a 1000% increase in available
space....	:-)

In fact, my original post (that I edited down) also included the
statement that surprisingly to me, even my 80 Gb disk is getting full
!

A lot of archival stuff that I keep needing to refer to, loads of
music, more and more video stuff, especially what I save from EyeTV,
imported video from my DV camera that I have not had time to edit,
thousands of photos, software installers, etc....  leaving me with
only 11.5 Gb free.

It is even strange to say "only" 11.5 Gb free, bearing in mind that
my first Powerbook came with a 2 Gb disk, which took me years to fill
up.

My next step will be to archive more stuff from my disk on to DVD,
and try to get back to 20 Gb free.

When there is a 100+ Gb disk at 7200 rpm, I will make the upgrade to
a new disk.

Trevor