[Ti] Server admin?

Michael wakinyan at fuse.net
Sat Apr 24 14:37:11 PDT 2004

>On my Ti I have installed Panther. Now, how to locate the 'Server
>Admin' so I can enable PHP as described in Apple support documents?

this is only for OSX Server; to activate PHP and other Web services
you must follow instructions on sites like www.macdevcenter.com (they
have a complete tutorial on turning OSX client into a web server), or
www.afp548.com, which has numerous tutorials on OSX.

This site has excellent instructions for MySQL:
<http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/mysql/>

All of these instructions require some use of terminal and perhaps
root level access (not sure, but I think you must have root enabled
to use the "sudo" command in terminal). If you are creating websites,
however, it is worth the effort to be able to stick the site you are
working on in your user/Sites folder then view the site in a browser
by typing in "localhost/~user/.

--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com