[Ti] disappearing cursor/frozen Al-book

Michael wakinyan at fuse.net
Wed Apr 28 08:03:29 PDT 2004

>What leads to me to suspect this operation, is that
>"MirrorAgent.app" keeps unexpectedly quitting and wanting to send a
>report to Apple....
>
>I presume that MirrorAgent is the application that synchrinizes the
>iBook and my Powerbook.  There is apparently something that is
>causing it to quit today.  Maybe yesterday it was causing the
>Powerbook to lock up.  Today everything seems OK so far....

Frankly Trevor, Apple's web services rate a D- in my experience and I
will not allow my System to be compromised with any kind of
auto-linking.  As you can see, I don't use my mac.com address any
more for lists because of constantly getting booted among other
things. There servers are the only ones that continuously hang my
mail client and/or prompt me for a password (somehow erasing my
password from keychain.

I officially stopped using Safari because of load problems as well as
severe memory leak... over a gigabyte of swap files go away when
quitting Safari after running it for a day and a half.  So it is back
to Camino for me. When Safari was first released I did a load test
between it and Camino with Safari slightly faster; yesterday Camino
loaded same page twice as fast, not to mention that the frequent
10-plus second spinning beachball between page loads probably
relegates Safari performance worse than IE.

Sorry, I have gotten off track with my venting, but bottom line is
simply these features Apple is building will be nice someday, but are
problematic today.
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com