[Ti] AlBook Plug problem at high altitude?

JFL jfl1970 at mac.com
Mon Aug 9 23:01:29 PDT 2004

Hmmm... This only happens to me when I walk past and trip on the power
cord! Seriously, it looks like the AC adapter has a mini-stereo-like
plug, so unless your iPod or CD player's headphone plugs are also
popping out...

Maybe it's the friction. I wonder just how much does the friction of the
metal ring around the plug on an AC cord play into holding the thing in
place? It definitely has to contact part of the AC power port otherwise
it doesn't make a circuit.

Advance the plug in slowly. Does the plug go in with some resistance?
Any faint palpable click? When you twirl the plug while it's in place,
do you feel any resistance?

- J
______