viewing Autocad files on my Powerbook

whiteoakart at provide.net whiteoakart at provide.net
Tue Aug 10 10:41:00 PDT 2004

> ------------------------------

> Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:11:52 +0200
> From: "Dr. Trevor J. Hutley" <hutley at geneva-link.ch>
> Subject: viewing Autocad files on my Powerbook
>

> I have just received some Autocad files (.STL
> stereolithography)
> which I would like to view on my Powerbook under OSX
> 10.3.4.
>
> Any suggestions as to how to do this ?
>
> Trevor
>
> ------------------------------
**********

I have had great success with the Demo version of Solid
Thinking 5.5  (www.solidthinking.com). You will be able to
open and view almost any common 3D file. As a demo file,
however, you will not be able to save. For reference, I
rotate the images, then use Screen Grab to capture various
views in 2D (tiff). In addition, you can merge several
files together to create an assembly, if necessary.

David L. Allen
Principle Designer
White Oak Services, LLC

734-845-1874

"Discovery is seeing what everyone has seen, and thinking
what no one has thought."   -Albert Szent-Gyorgi