[Ti] participating in a NetMeeting with a Powerbook

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu Aug 12 22:58:39 PDT 2004

At 20:40 -0500 12/8/04, Chris Olson wrote:
>On Aug 12, 2004, at 2:42 PM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
>

>>If anyone is doing this (participating in a Netmeeting with a Mac),
>>I would really like to know how it is done, and how effective it is.
>
>To do Netmeeting with your PC using colleagues, first attempt to
>convince them to get a real operating system running on some real
>hardware so they can use iChat AV.

This was also my first response, but the PC lobby is well entrenched.
That may change...... but not yet.
I think one demo of the iChat in Tiger will convince a lot of people.

>  In the event that you can't seem to convince them that they're
>using inferior technology (and probably don't even know it), let out
>an exasperated sigh and download ohphoneX.
>
>You can download it for free from sourceforge's XMeeting site:
>http://xmeeting.sourceforge.net/

Thank you very much for this link.

Have you actually used this to participate successfully in a NetMeeting?
Does it have all the functionality of NetMeeting ?
 From the project description, I oculd not tell.

Trevor