[Ti] Ti 550 vs 667 combo drive

Justin R.Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Tue Dec 7 10:11:26 PST 2004

First, I think my burning capability on my Ti 667 Rev. B is shot.  It
can read and write CDs and DVDs but won't burn any CDs.  It took a bit
of a tumble out of a tailgate while in a padded backpack and otherwise
seems fine.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix or debug that?

Barring repair, a friend has a recently deceased Ti 550 with a combo
drive and I'm wondering if it's compatible with my model.  Does anyone
have an idea, or else a good resource to find out?

--
Justin R. Miller
incanus at codesorcery.net