[Ti] New G4 PowerBooks

rob morris rob.morris at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 7 18:34:14 PST 2004

> From: Chris Olson <chris.olson at astcomm.net>
> <titanium at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] New G4 PowerBooks
>
> On Dec 7, 2004, at 7:40 PM, John wrote:
>
> I hate to speculate or even hint at starting any rumors, which happens
> quite easily in the Mac Universe.  So how about just an "observation"?
>
> Sonnettech, today, announced availability of new 90nm process, 1.7GHz
> cpu upgrades for the Cube, and Sawtooth/Quicksilver PowerMac G4's:
> http://www.sonnettech.com/news/press/pr2004/pr120704_sg4_prcdrop.html
>
> The processors used on those upgrade cards come from FreeScale
> Semiconductor, the supplier of G4 chips for the Apple PowerBook.
> They're pin-for-pin compatible with the current PowerPC MPC7447A
> processor used in the PowerBook, and the FSB speed on these processors
> scales to 667 MHz.
>
> Hmmmmm.......
> --
> Chris

Actually this (The FreeScale possibility for new upgrades on PB G4s)  has
been listed on several Mac Rumor sites already over the past couple of
weeks.  We will see, as they are rumors. I would suggest that if John needs
a book...and could use it now, buy it now.  Even  if upgrades were
announced, and sincerely doubt a G5 will be in the mix, they probably would
not ship for weeks/Month or so anyway.
Need it now, buy it now.  Use it now, enjoy.
Ciao