[Ti] New G4 PowerBooks

Leander Hutton lh59281 at appstate.edu
Wed Dec 8 21:13:46 PST 2004

I'd put my money on new graphics cards, hopefully a 256MB Radeon 9800
Mobility, maybe even a 256MB Go6800, but I would say it's most likely
going to be an ATi card, if they do upgrade. Plus the Go6800 would
require them to go a PCI Express bus for the graphics instead of AGP.

As for new chip clocks speeds, that's anyone's guess really, anything
from 1.5Ghz - 2.0 Ghz is fair game IMHO.

If they do dump a 256MB graphics card in the thing I might just have to
sell the old Ti/867 ...

Leander Hutton
Mac Stats -
TiBook/867, 1GB PC133, 32MB Radeon Mobility 9000, 80GB 5400 RPM HDD.
PowerMac G5, Dual 2.0 Ghz, 1GB PC3200, 256MB Radeon 9800XT, 250GB SATA

On Dec 8, 2004, at 9:34 AM, John Griffin wrote:

Greg Wallace typed this message on 12/7/04 6:51 PM:

> Does anyone think that there will be a 17" G5 PowerBook?
>
> What might Apple announce at the MacWorld Show better the 17" 1.5ghz?

It is only a matter of a few months IMHO.

However, I for one am not going to be one of those intrepid souls who
grabs
the first one they see coming. I believe that I will spring for one only
after at least a year of working out the bugs and bringing down the
price.

jg