[Ti] [OT] Best Web Browser

Ted tlanden at mac.com
Wed Dec 15 15:53:31 PST 2004

Dec. 15, 2004

     Performance Speedup

     Waldo Jaquith
     Recently, I've become frustrated with how very, very slow that
Safari has become on my G4 PowerMac (Mirrored Door, 1GHz, 512MB RAM),
particularly when filling out forms. After much Googling, the solution
that I discovered is as follows.

     Within Safari's preferences, choose "AutoFill," and then hit "Edit"
next to "Other forms." This is where Safari stores every field in a
form that has ever been filled out in Safari, other than logins and
passwords. I hit "Remove All," and Safari was instantly accelerated.
(Alternately, I could gone through and selectively pruned sites, like
with cookie management.)

     Anybody looking to speed things up in Safari would be well served
by emptying out Safari's forms cache.

http://www.macintouch.com/safari05.html#dec15