[Ti] [OT] Best Web Browser

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Thu Dec 16 10:53:47 PST 2004

On Dec 15, 2004, at 3:22 PM, Sambouka wrote:

> What is your take on Safari? Would appreciate feedback and
> recommendation on the other web browsers out there (Firefox, Camino,
> Opera, and  Netscape).

Safari is a new browser, undergoing constant development, based on the
KHTML rendering engine used in the KDE project's Konqueror.  CSS
handling in Safari is a little flaky at this point, but otherwise it is
standards compliant.

My take?  It's *the* best browser for Mac OS X.  Wait until Tiger is
released.  Safari is *nice* in Tiger.

IE and Netscape (and anybody else) didn't get to where they're at
overnight.  Neither will Safari.  Good things come to those who wait.
Don't get too excited about jumping to a different browser right away
because then you'll just be moving all your bookmarks back to Safari
when you install Tiger :-)
--
Chris