[Ti] TV on a Ti

Jerry Buc jerbuc at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 16 15:18:20 PST 2004

On Dec 16, 2004, at 4:03 PM, David DelMonte wrote:

I dont think that elgato works with cable. please let me know if I'm
wrong. My solution is a program called btv from bensoftware.com. That
identifies video signals that come over firewire. I use a firewire
enabled DV recorder to bring in my cable signals and send them out
through the FW port.

David

On Dec 16, 2004, at 5:01 PM, Julian Phillips wrote:

> Jerry
>  Check out eye tv  http://www.elgato.com/
> Appears to be a good Mac Solution.
>
> Cheers Julian

Thanks Julian and David. This looks like what I'm looking for. From the
ElGato website:

Highlights:
  • 124-channel cable-ready analog TV tuner
  • DVD-quality MPEG-2 video encoder
  • FireWire interface, for high-speed data transfer

Jerry