[Ti] 10.3.7 and Preview application...[OT]

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Dec 17 11:15:48 PST 2004

Bill Fox typed this message on 12/16/04 10:07 PM:

> Mine is 2.1.1 modified 10/27/04.
>
> Bill
>
> On Dec 16, 2004, at 2:08 PM, David Brostoff wrote:
>
>> At 9:57 AM -0500 on 12/16/04, John Griffin wrote:
>>
>>> Did anyone get Preview updated?
>>
>> Not only did my Preview not get updated, it was modified earlier than
>> yours--Version 2.1.0, May 15, 2004 (Ti 666).

OK, I did a little investigation. If you right/click on Preview and select
'View Package Contents', You will find that the Unix Executable File
"Preview" was indeed updated. And if you 'Get Info...', you will see "(211)"
in brackets beside the 2.1.0.

What I will never understand is that Apple will not allow a root folder such
as one that has a ".app" suffix to reflect modifications to resources
inside. To my mind the modification date of the folder should also show the
modification date of the most recently modified resource inside.

jg