[Ti] Artifact of using a system cloned from a TiBook

Bill Planey mac.info at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 29 07:37:22 PST 2004

Hello,

I just wiped the drive on my new bluetooth-enabled iMac G5 and set up my
laptop in Firewire Target Disk mode, and, having booted from another
external firewire drive with a suite of utilities on it, I used Carbon Copy
Cloner to clone my TiBook's HD into the iMac.  As some OS installations are
sure to leave out things on the laptop, I ran the combo updater for 10.3.7
again on the iMac (even though the OS was already 10.3.7) along with the
Bluetooth 1.2 FW update - and as I expected, the bluetooth functionality was
brought back.

What won't go away, despite my having trashed a number of suspect .plist
files, is the display to the left of the system clock that shows current
battery status - obviously not applicable on an iMac.  The first menu item
is grayed and says "no batteries available", but I want to be rid of the
icon altogether.  Obviously this is an artifact of the system having been
installed initially on a laptop.  I am having no problems with the computer,
BTW.

Anyone know how I can remove the battery icon?

Thanks,

Bill Planey