[Ti] Priceless -shame on Apple

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Thu Feb 5 20:01:18 PST 2004

> Subject: Re: [Ti] Priceless -shame on Apple
>
> On 2/5/04 2:07 AM, "Don" <ds1000309 at uid.onemain.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't get it, either. My belief is that most anything that makes Apple
>> appear
>> "mainstream" versus marginalized is a good thing. IOW, "If Pepsi teams with
>> Apple,
>> Apple must be good". Ditto the VW Bug/iPod commercials.
>>
>> Don
> I'm with you the iPod is one product that will bring the Apple name into
> more people's hands.
>> wsjenkins wrote:
>>
>>> I don't get it? Why are so many people and websites so po'd at Apple for
>>> this promotion? The UK website, The Register, blasted the promotion too.
>>>
>>> Personally, I think it's a great promotion. Am I in the minority?
>
> Some people confer "mythic" status to Apple and S. Jobs (See Below) and if
> they don't live up to this status then they get upset. The uproar of the
> charging for .mac Charging for iLife comes to mind.

Another example, the "TITANIUM" used to be mythic, it was awesome, and the
TITANIUM EMAIL LIST was near mythic.

Now it sucks. Nothing to talk about except copyright laws and predictions of
what color the next Powerbook will come in.
Aluminum.
Boring.
Pepsi Cans.
iTunes Store.
RIAA.
Lunch Tray.
Ipod docking stations.
Mini Me.

Not Mythic no more. Now it's Madonna. There is no jazz left, or it's at
least hibernating.

> What these people don't
> realize is that Apple is a business that needs to make money to continue
> operation.

Give me a break.

> The Pepsi deal came along and it made business sense so they
> signed on.

Give me a break.

> Jobs my have held his nose but his business sense told him it was
> a good deal.

Give me a break.

> The promotion drives people to d'load iTunes open the account
> and your not going to redeem one song but they will buy more songs and an
> iPod to carry them around.

Exactly what I said when I used Napster.