[Ti] TechTool Pro 4 keeps reporting "invalid PEOF"

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Feb 6 08:20:41 PST 2004

Renaud Dreyer typed this message on 2/5/04 9:53 PM:

>> I have looked everywhere for a translation of just what this means,
>> but it
>> isn't in any of the TechTool Pro Manuals. Does anyone have a clue as
>> to what
>> PEOF might stand for? I know it has to do with the Volume Structures,
>> but
>> that is about it. Micromat will not reply to my email enquiries (what
>> else
>> is new?) So I thought there might be some smart folks here who might
>> know.
>

> PEO means "Physical End Of File". Apple has a detailed explanation:

> Good luck,
>
>          Renaud Dreyer

Thanks for the info, mon ami. I'll have to make better use of the Apple
Knowledge database.

I was able to repair the PEOF damage using Disk Utility on the Panther
Install Disk. TTP4 would have taken 4 hours to do the job. Disk Utility took
4 minutes.

jg