Wanted: Help with buying a new PowerBook

Phillip McGree phil at phil.net.au
Mon Feb 9 21:27:36 PST 2004

Hiya all,

It has finally happened - I have the money to buy myself a PowerBook 1.33 17".  But I'm probably going to need some help from someone in America.  I am in Perth, Western Australia.

It's not too hard to find open box or refurbished 1.33GHz 17" PowerBooks for $2499.  I want one!

I'm not all that fussed about whether it's open box or refurbished... as long as it's in new condition, functions as it should, and has the 12 month Apple international warranty.

I've really, really, really, really had enough of this 667 and want to get the 17" ASAP.

Here in Australia we don't have Apple refurbished stuff.  So importing something direct from America will probably be the way to go.

I have cash here, so finances aren't a problem.  I would have to work out how to transfer the money, but that can be sorted out easily enough.

I am interested in :
- used
- refurbished
- new, open box
- brand new if it's cheap enough

And I need:
- someone that can supply me direct
- someone that will sell me their used 17"
- or, someone that can buy it from the AppleStore (or anywhere at $2499) and then forward it on to me.

Why not buy from the US AppleStore direct?  Because they won't ship overseas, and I need to deal with someone that I can trust.

So, if anyone can assist in getting me a PowerBook 17" 1.33GHz, then please contact me!

Regards,
Phil

Sent from the Apple PowerBook G4 of:
Phillip McGree                                     	Web: 	http://www.phil.net.au