[Ti] wireless routers/hubs?

Snoke Jay S NPRI SnokeJS at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Tue Feb 10 05:19:54 PST 2004

 Since I'm using a new AlPB with a modem in it, that's not an issue for me. ;o)  And I see Apple is offering two flavors of ABS now - one with and one without a modem...
as for the rest of you who replied, thanks for the info!  now I have something to chew on...I'll be making a decision and picking one up shortly before I get my cable turned on in my new apt. in the DC area.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Gaderlund
To: PowerBook G4 Titanium List
Cc: Snoke Jay S NPRI
Sent: 2/10/2004 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Ti] wireless routers/hubs?

Unless you really need the faster 'g' wireless (aka Extreeme) just
find one of the many 'b' hubs I've been using a Netgear 814v2 at home
with no problems, but, do check to make sure the router can pass
appletalk packets if you want to use Appletalk for networking.  The
one advantage of an ABS that it has a modem so if your broadband goes
out you can still connect through your network.

erik g

At 02:18 PM -0500 02/09/04, Snoke Jay S NPRI wrote:
>  What are the best recommendations this list can provide regarding
>the available wireless hubs/routers out there for home use?  I have
>used an  Apple Base Station before, but at a minimum of $200 US, it
>is a bit pricey... I'm looking for ease of setup, being able to shut
>out others in my apartment complex from using my wireless, etc...
>thanks in advance...

>To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
><Titanium-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>Need help from a real person? Try.
><Titanium-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

>$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your
Mac ISP
http://macinternetaccess.com