[Ti] Ram Limit

Chris Olson chris.olson at mac.com
Wed Feb 11 10:22:15 PST 2004

On Feb 11, 2004, at 9:38 AM, Chris Long wrote:

>> Interesting.  My daughter has a Wallstreet G3/266 with 192MB in it
>> running Jaguar.  Did yours recognize the whole 512 MB?
>>
> Yes.  I was originally in contact with a company (Wegener Media) about
> buying an internal modem for it, and they had 512 MB RAM kits.  I
> pointed out the spec to the owner, whom I happened to be speaking to
> when I called.  He explained the situation to me.  I had previously
> assumed that the chipset or some other component would not allow such
> a thing.  I had ran into this on Dell systems where only a certain
> amount was recognized.

Yep, a couple of Dells is where I had problems too.

> I indeed had 512 in the WallStreet though.  It was a 12" screen, 266
> MHz model, and I also swapped out a 14" screen for the 12", even
> though it only ran at thousands of colors it made more OS X usable.
> That was an exciting day!

My daughter's Wallstreet has a 14" screen.  It works fine, but she had
been using OpenOffice in it (which was rather slow and clunky) so we
bought her Office X for Christmas.  Office X is a dramatic improvement
over OO, but if it had more RAM it would run much better.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to try that :-)
--
Chris