[Ti] Crashing MS word

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Wed Feb 18 00:55:23 PST 2004

On 16 Feb 2004, at 22:08, T Molnar wrote:

> Here's another thing that seems to not be working right in terms of MS
> word.
> I have had some trouble with importing earlier versions of word (i.e.
> 5.1) into my latest version of Word when they have comments
> inserted in the text.  These files sometimes give me the spinning
> beach ball of death after I try to delete a portion of text.

don't expect backwards compatability with MS Office products. Office 97
and beyond (not sure what version of word that was) is normally all
compatible, but before this the Office file format was drastically
different,especially when it comes to "funky stuff" like comments.

This used to a big problem in the late 90's I remember.

Not much I can do to help -- try the microsoft knowledgebase for a
workaround.

--
Tarik