[Ti] PCMCIA card for Ti - any success stories out there?

Bob Bergey rb at dprint.com
Wed Feb 18 07:26:50 PST 2004

At 9:37 AM -0500 on 2-18-04, Malcolm Hamilton wrote:

>Are some of you successfully using PCMCIA cards for the purpose I've
>described?  If so, what kind of cards, and what operating system are
>you running.  Are you following any special instructions for using
>the card?
>(My computer is a 400MHz Ti, by the way; 768MB of RAM).

I also have the TiBook/400, and use PCMCIA adapter cards all the time
to read compact flash. I currently use Panther (10.3.2), but it
worked just as well with every OS since 9.2.2. I have two different
adapters (off brands) and several compact flash chips, all work just
as well. I never use the menu that pops up, but the card does show in
Finder windows, also. I have my system configured not to show drives
or cars on the desktop itself. Not sure if that would make any
difference or not. For the last year or so I've been using
GraphicConverter to download and save photos from cards, and have it
configured to start up automatically as soon as I insert the card. It
just always works; I use it almost every day.

Bob