[Ti] PCMCIA card for Ti - any success stories out there?

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Wed Feb 18 10:51:28 PST 2004

At 9:37 AM -0500 2/18/04, Malcolm Hamilton wrote:

>Shall I try another type of PCMCIA card adapter?  Upgrade to Panther?

I don't know if this is related to a prior problem with such adapters. For a number of us, the card would not dismount - spinning beach ball I think. Ejecting the card manually led to a 'reinsert' message. Upon reinserting the media card, a kernel panic resulted.

Many of us found that by waiting several minutes, with the beach ball, the card eventually was successfully unmounted. My own experimentation showed that the wait time needed was probably dependent on the media card capacity.

One post referred to discarding the system caches's, with Cocktail or whatever utility. I did this and it ended my problem.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)