[Ti] What PB?

Barry Lyden blyden at mac.com
Sat Feb 21 09:30:22 PST 2004

On Feb 21, 2004, at 9:43 AM, John Belen wrote:

> That machine is almost definately a Titanium.  My machine is a
>
> 1GHZ/1Gig/60Gb/Super/GigE/15"TFT for example
>
> the $1700 price tag also gives it away.  It is a 11/2002 Titanium.
>
> John Belen
> Lansing, MI
>
> On Feb 21, 2004, at 12:46 AM, Christoph Pistor wrote:
>
>> There is a PB on the deal section of the apple store site. It is
>> called:
>>
>> 1GHz/256MB/60GB/Combo/GigE/15"TFT - Refurbished
>> PowerBook G4
>>
>> Can somebody tell me if this is the Titanium dual boot, or the new Al
>> book?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Christoph

I'm afraid that's not correct. I have an 11/2002 Titanium with a combo
drive. It did not ship with a 60GB hard drive, except in a build to
order config. And Apple doesn't usually sell build to order refurbished
units. It is most definitely the aluminum model.

To verify, I went to the special deals section and added that model to
my shopping cart. On the very next screen the part number is listed as:
  F8980LL/A.
----------------
 From the shopping cart:

Items you have selected
PowerBook G4 1GHz/256MB/60GB/Combo/GigE/15"TFT - Refurbished
F8980LL/A
3-5 bus.days
$1,699.00
-----------------
In the technical specs for the powerbooks
(http://www.apple.com/powerbook/specs.html), the current aluminum
models are listed as:

Order number
12-inch
Combo drive
M9007LL/A
12-inch
SuperDrive
M9008LL/A
15-inch
Combo drive
M8980LL/A
15-inch
SuperDrive
M8981LL/A
17-inch
SuperDrive
M9110LL/A

The part number in the order above matches the aluminum model part
number.

Further digging yielded the following part numbers for the 867 and 1Gig
Titaniums:
867Mhz:  F8858LL/A -- this refurb unit is selling for $1499
1Ghz: F8859LL/A -- this refurb unit is selling for $1899

Hope that helps.