Upgrade, Etc...

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 12:55:04 PST 2004

Greetings To All,

Still trying to figure the final reqs to get this
TiBook upgraded.

Looking for suggestions:

Best 7200rpm drives? Probably 60G
Best external firewire drives? Probably 120G

I'm still interested in your opinions about the case
repair.  I've opened and repaired my duo2300c -all the
way to an open case screen replacement.  I don't know
if I should consider opening this thing up to replace
the bottom case (broken at left hinge) or sending it
to a shop.  If send to a shop, who does good work and
reasonable?

Thanks for previous answers.  Maybe I should just get
a refurbed AL?

If you answer today, Sat., could you send to me
directly as I'm in digest mode.

Much Appreciation! Dave

Wife's TiBook/500/256Mb/20Gb/OS9.1