[Ti] 17" - 1.0 vs 1.33

Renaud Dreyer rdreyer at math.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 26 18:12:46 PST 2004

Le jeudi, 26 fév 2004, à 18:02 US/Pacific, khyber courchesne a écrit :

> Hi TiList -
> Other than clock speed and harddrive size, is there any difference
> between
> the 1.0ghz 17" Albook and the 1.33ghz 17" Albook?  I'm thinking of
> buying
> the 1.0, but want to know if I'm missing out on some good L3 cache....?

The rev A 17" Powerbook has:

* 1 GHz G4 (older) processor
* 256 KB L2 cache
* 1 MB L3 cache
* the NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go video card
* no USB 2.0

The rev B:

*1,33 GHz G4 (newer) processor
* 512 KB L2 cache
* no L3 cache
* the ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 video card
* USB 2.0

So with the rev B, you get a faster and more modern G4 processor,
double the L2 cache (which apparently more than makes up for the
absence of L3 cache) and a much better video card, as well as USB 2.0
capability. Ciao,

              Renaud