[Ti] How to clean the internal cd-rom player?

Roger Snyder rogersnyder at pobox.com
Sat Feb 28 07:21:43 PST 2004

On 2/28/04 2:52, "Roald Baudoux" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a TiBook/867 MHz.
>
> My cd-rom player won't burn anymore. I guess I have to clean it.

    It reads O.K.? (I'm assuming this isn't a joke and it is a CD RW)

> 1) How do I do that?
> 2) Which software can help to ensure there is not another cause?

    What software are you using?

    I have had two CD RW stop working, but never just lost write capability.
I think you are right suspecting software, or perhaps an internal problem.
If write goes, I'd expect read to at least be affected. (I've had dirty
disks that will read, but take lots of re-reads (and a lot more time) to
work.)

--
Roger