[Ti] Installing a superdrive

gkar at mac gkar at mac.com
Thu Jan 1 09:00:12 PST 2004

On 1/1/04 11:13 AM, "Loren" <loren at flash.net> wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2004, at 6:51 AM, arjan.bos at icu.nl wrote:
>
>> Many thanks for all the answers I received, both on and off list. I
>> does appear that there are no companies here in The Netherlands that
>> will replace my combo drive with a superdrive.
>

>> So my main option will be to have an external dvd-burner.
> []
> You'll be much gladder. Superdrives-uhm-are overrated. An external is a
> lifetime faster to burn with.

Over rated? Depends on whether burning a DVD away from home/office is
something one is going to do very often. A notebook is always a balance
between cost and convenience. Having the internal DVD saves me from carrying
another external device when I *know* I'll be burning a DVD. It saves me
from having to keep an external unit at home and at my two offices. And it
saves the inconvenience of having to wait or scrounge up an external burner
when it turns out I want to burn a DVD when I didn't expect to.

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

gkar at mac.com