[Ti] Cannot share internet connection from my ethernet to others using airport

Brian J.Sletten bsletten at nova.org
Sun Jan 4 08:21:06 PST 2004

> Well, the correct procedure is to use the Sharing System Preference
> "Internet" tab. Make sure that you have both Ethernet and AirPort
> enabled in the Network System Preference and you'll see how easy it is
> to share either way.

Man, I wish I'd seen this e-mail about a week ago (ignoring that it was
sent only a few days ago). My cable modem was down for over a week and
I needed a way to share a connection between two notebooks. I couldn't
get the Airport Basestation to dial out for some reason although I
didn't spend a whole lot of time looking into it. I did see a lot of
noise about dialing out with the base station but nothing that solved
my problem.

I fell into the trap you described and didn't think about this approach.

Thanks for the hint, Steve.

Brian