Cinema Display power button mauled by Panther

Simon Chapman sc at pr100.com
Sun Jan 4 12:25:55 PST 2004

Mostly my 1Gb 15in TiBook has its lid closed and is connected to a 23in
Cinema Display and an Apple external keyboard. The keyboard doesn't have a
power key so I rely on the touch button on the Cinema Display. All was fine
under Os 10.2.8 but upgrading to Os 10.3.2 has messed up the power button.
Usually it will work when first booted up but after the PB has had a sleep,
the power button stops working and only a reboot will kick it back into
life. This is despite all manner of troubleshooting and disk maintenance
routines - and despite the monitor being plugged directly into (either of)
the PB's USB ports. Unplugging it and plugging it in again doesn't help.
However the keyboard continues to work as do the sound control keys.
Strangely though the eject key will eject a mounted disc but not a disc
image. If I open the PB lid, the buttons there, including the power button
are all working normally. I'm about to give up on it unless anyone can put
me out of my misery. TIA and Happy New Year.

Simon