[Ti] PowerBook G4s at NASA

Ross Clark rclarkages at mac.com
Mon Jan 5 06:29:22 PST 2004

On Monday, January 5, 2004, at 05:41 AM, PowerBook G4 Titanium List
wrote:

> Actually, Mission Control for the Spirit mission is at JPL.

My wife works on MER (it was exciting this weekend) and I can tell you
the Mac plays a big part on this project as it did in the operation of
the recently completed Galileo Project that was crashed into Jupiter
(she was on that project for over 15 years). That project had been
using Macs so long that they had to keep a Quadra 950 running to the
bitter end for some of the early development software that they didn't
have money to rewrite to run on the PowerPC chip.
Ross Clark