[Ti] Fwd: [Ti] Al-book start-up speed (v Windows XP)

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Mon Jan 5 11:35:07 PST 2004

At 21:23 +0100 4/1/04, arjan.bos at icu.nl wrote:
>Trevor,
>
>>I had noticed that when I start up my 15.2" Al Powerbook, that the
>>start-up is quite slow.
>>This seemed to be a result of my recent upgrade to Panther 10.3.2.
>
>I really can recommend the sleep mode of your Mac.

Arjan - perhaps you got the wrong impression from my story about
start-ups!  They were simply experiments.  In normal use, I always
use the sleep mode.  My computer works day and night (Folding at Home
when I am not working on the keyboard) and sleeps during my trips to
and from the office or on travel/business trips.

I also highly recommend only the sleep mode.  Start-up from sleep is
about 1 second, and that always impresses anyone standing  around.

regards,  Trevor