verbose startup, was Re: [Ti] Fwd: [Ti] Al-book start-up speed (v Windows XP)

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Thu Jan 8 21:04:54 PST 2004

Hmmmm, reading /etc/rc, and seeing the line
    VerboseFlag=""
and then the case statement lines near-below including
    VerboseFlag="-v"
has me wondering:  If the 1st entry were
    VerboseFlag="-v"
would that force a verbose startup?  I'd like to have that,
without having to press cmd-v every time to get it.

I figure it's safer to ask if anyone knows, before I start
experimenting.

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, arjan.bos at icu.nl wrote:
 . . .
> BootCacheControl was broken. BootCache is started (via the control
> utility) in /etc/rc, and a prefetch tag is inserted (unless the system
> is booting in safe mode). /etc/rc looks forBootCacheControl in the
 . . .