[Ti] Panther

Johannes Kretz kretz at mdw.ac.at
Sun Jan 11 10:59:53 PST 2004

Hi Gina (and everybody...),

I'm using exactly this Printer (Brother HL1270-N) with Panther and it
works very well.

There is only one application making troubles with printing, which is
Finale 2002 (a OS9 music score writing software), when trying to print
in Classic mode. It always gives a postscript error. (But I suppose,
the problem is coming rather from Finale than from Panther).

The printer driver for OSX can be downloaded from
http://solutions.brother.com/hl1200/download/drivers1270n.html#macOS

Hope that helps,

best regards,

Johannes

on 11.01.2004 at 19:34 Gina Wallace wrote:
> I'm about convinced to make the switch to 10.3, but one last concern I
> have is whether my Brother HL1270-N ethernet printer will be
> compatible with Panther.  I checked Apple's site and no Brother
> printers are listed.  At work I have a Brother HL5070-N that works
> fine with 10.3.  I tried printing with the work laptop running Panther
> here at home, but it's not letting me add an Appletalk printer without
> the admin password.
>
> Theoretically, I can print with an IP address, but I don't know the
> address of my Brother printer.
> And I could just override the admin password with my install disk, but
> I kind of hate to burn that bridge so soon (we just got these new
> laptops last week).
>
> So if anyone has a Brother HL1470-N printer and can tell me whether it
> is or is not compatible with Panther, I'd appreciate it.
> Thank you to all who have written about Panther vs. Jaguar.

and:

--

Johannes Kretz ___ Austria
___        WWW: http://www.johanneskretz.com                    ___