[Ti] 1GHz TiBook or 1.25GHz AlBook?

Paul H. Yoshimune paul at yoshimune.com
Thu Jan 15 14:50:11 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 03:16:40PM -0700, Sam Hotchkiss wrote:

> The superdrive in the 1ghz units can be upgraded to 2x via a firmware
> upgrade: http://superdrive.cynikal.net/.   I have a 15" 1ghz Ti right now,
> and I would not trade it for an AlBook for one main reason: battery life.
> Apparently the Als are only able to get 80-90 minutes as opposed to my Ti
> which routinely gets 200 minutes.

Sam:

Is the battery longevity that different between your 1GHz Ti and your previous
667MHz?  I have the 667, and using a newish battery from the Apple Store
(presumably one of the higher-capacity units made for the 1GHz units), I can
easily get 4+ hours with medium screen brightness and Airport in constant use.

I've been debating the same 1GHz Ti versus 1.25GHz Al upgrade from my 667, but
also don't want to give up the outstanding battery life...
--
Paul H. Yoshimune
paul at yoshimune.com
http://www.yoshimune.com/