[Ti] Combo USB/Firewire drives

Lee Wilmeth lw at wilmeth.net
Sat Jan 17 06:41:43 PST 2004

Panther (10.3) recognizes, but can not write to NTFS. Jaguar (10.2.x)
can read and write to FAT32. However, if the drive is just going to be
used on a Mac, then HFS+ would be your best bet. If you are moving data
between Windows and Mac, then FAT32 is your best bet. In Panther, you
can format the drive as FAT32 from the Disk Utility program. On the PC
side, you need a Win98 box to format that large of a drive in FAT32.
Win2k and WinXP won't format a partition larger than 32 GB as FAT32.
Otherwise it defaults to NTFS. Also, most drive partitioning software
will allow you to format the drive at FAT32.

Hope this helps.

Lee

Lee Wilmeth, Computer Consultant
5043 E. Roy Rogers Rd