Problem with Combo Drive

Burt Blackburn bburn at mac.com
Sat Jan 17 15:59:56 PST 2004

I recently received a combo drive upgrade from PowerbookresQ (for my
Ti500). Problem is this: I had a little trouble with the drive ejecting
discs, and now when I attempt to insert a disc, it just slides in
without resistance, and there is no "catch" of the disc. The problem
seems to be mechanical with the mechanism being stuck. Also, i noticed
before that when I shut down and started up, there was a "click" in the
drive mechanism, but now I hear nothing.

Warranty or not, my problem is that I am working in Thailand for a
while, and it's not practical to send the Ti back to PowerbookresQ for
a warranty repair. Anyone had this problem before and know of some way
to "unjam" the mechanism?